2016 Golden Oaks Scholarships & Educator of the Year Awards Ceremony
Each year, the Oak Cliff Chamber of Commerce’s Charitable Foundation recognizes outstanding performance for both students and educators in Oak Cliff Schools. The 2016 Golden Oaks Scholarships & Educator of the Year Awards are presented at the Chamber’s annual Education Awards Ceremony on Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 2 PM, in the Flag Room at Dallas City Hall.
Keynote Speaker: Mr. Bob Mong, UNT Dallas President, discussing the "Importance of Education for Success in the Community - Personal and Economic Development."
Congratulations to the 2016 Golden Oaks Scholarship Recipients!
- Percilla R. Barron (Trinidad Garza Early College High School at Mountain View)
- Alejandra Lozano (Sunset High School)
- Amanda Martinez (Tyler Street Christian Academy)
- Fernando Martinez Rivera (Trinidad Garza Early College High School at Mountain View)
- Derian Morales (Trinidad Garza Early College High School at Mountain View)
- Ruby Segura Guevara (Uplift Luna Preparatory Secondary)
- Griselda Solorzano (Bishop Dunne High School)
- Alexis Toscano (Judge Barefoot Sanders Magnet Center for Public Service at Yvonne A. Ewell Townview Center)
- Cindy Umaña (Trinidad Garza Early College High School at Mountain View)
- Shatera Williams (David W. Carter High School)
Congratulations to the 2016 Educator of the Year Awardees!
- College Educator of the Year: Dr. Jennifer Wimbish (Cedar Valley College)
- High School Educator of the Year: Dr. Alissa Russell (Life Schools Oak Cliff)
- Middle School Educator of the Year: Kellie Lawson (Rosemont Middle School)
- Elementary School Educator of the Year: Sharon Foster (James Bowie Elementary)
- Pre-K / Early Childhood Educator of the Year: Lynne Merlino (Rosemont Primary)
Join the Chamber
Work with others to grow your business and invest in your community.
Joining the Chamber is easy! Simply fill out the form below. After clicking "submit", you will be given a choice of either paying your dues online, or having an invoice sent to you.