Horseshoe Project Info & Construction Alerts
If you travel on I-30 into downtown, you can't miss the construction going on. Known as the "Horseshoe Project", this effort is being managed by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) and is scheduled to be completed in 2017.
Oak Cliff in Dallas, Texas
About the Area
Oak Cliff is a neighborhood of Dallas south of downtown. Oak trees and the bluffs overlooking the Trinity River gave Oak Cliff its name. It's best known for rolling hills, mature trees, spectacular views of downtown, and historic and culturally diverse neighborhoods such as Winnetka Heights and Kessler Park.
Discover Oak Cliff
Oak Cliff Video
See this neighborhood through the eyes of the people who live and work here.
2015 Education Summit
Save the Date! This year's theme:
Business and Community Engagement In Education: Enhancing Economic Development
April 16, 2015
7:30am - 9:30pm
Dallas Baptist University
3000 Mountain Creek Pkwy
Dallas, TX 75211
2015 Educator of the Year Celebration
March 25 (Wed) 7:30am - 9:30am
Methodist Dallas Medical Center
1411 N. Beckley Ave.
Dallas, TX 75203
Top 3 Reasons You Want to Be There!
- Meet the 2015 OCC Educators of the Year and hear what they are doing to make education in Oak Cliff great!
- Hear Keynote Speaker, Dr. Lois Becker, Provost and VP at UNT-Dallas
- Network with other businesses and volunteers who have a passion for creating a great educational culture in Oak Cliff
Nominate Your Teacher or Staff Member for 2015 Awards!
Nominations for the 2015 Educator of the Year Awards are open!
(Application and info links below.)
- College Educator of the Year
- High School Educator of the Year
- Middle School Educator of the Year
- Elementary Educator of the Year
- Pre-K Educator of the Year
Application Deadline is March 6, 2015 by 3:00pm.